5 replies to this topic

#1 Sylvia Denning

Sylvia Denning

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 22 March 2020 - 07:46 AM

BRADFORD PEVERELL COMMUNITY

We hope that by now all Bradford Peverell residents have followed the Government’s advice which may stop the spread of the Covid-19 virus.

The Government has told us that everyone must stop non-essential contact with others. This includes avoiding gatherings with friends and family.

Everyone with underlying conditions or with a weakened immune system (the older you are, the weaker it will be) is to self-isolate which means no social contact at all (except with the rest of your household if they are also self-isolating) and having shopping delivered to your doorstep.

Bradford Peverell Parish Council has written to all residents inviting anyone who needs advice or support to get in touch with us. 
We have
a number of villagers who are ready and willing to help with shopping, collecting medication, or simply talking on the telephone.

In common with communities everywhere  all planned social events have been postponed.

We must all do our bit, not just for our own safety, but to stop  the spread of this virus so that there is no huge spike in cases which will overwhelm the NHS in a few weeks time.

Spring is officially here so at least we will have warmer weather and some sunshine to lift our spirits. Open your windows wide. Enjoy your garden.

WE WILL GET THROUGH THIS TOGETHER

Bradford Peverell Parish Council

Edited by Sylvia Denning, 22 March 2020 - 08:19 AM.

#2 hannahharris85

hannahharris85

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 March 2020 - 02:28 PM

New to the village but here to help in the community with shopping, delivering medicines and talking on the phone.
Thanks
Hannah Harris
  • sandradesborough, johnharrop and Liz Bade like this

#3 Sylvia Denning

Sylvia Denning

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 27 March 2020 - 02:19 PM

Thanks so much, Hannah. Much appreciated.

One of our team, Paul Meaden, will be in touch soon.

Best

Sylvia  (Parish Council)

#4 Liz Bade

Liz Bade

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 March 2020 - 07:02 PM

Hi Hannah - welcome to Bradford Peverell. I’m sure someone will be in touch to add you to the list of volunteers. I think most people are being well supported at the moment but I’m sure we’ll get busier. Thanks for getting in touch 😊

#5 johnharrop

johnharrop

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 28 March 2020 - 01:46 PM

Hi Hannah - nice to meet you online and welcome to our fantastic village!

We live in Manor Lane opposite the church, and look forward to meeting you in person eventually

John & Karen

#6 sandradesborough

sandradesborough

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 March 2020 - 05:44 PM

Hi Hannah

I am Sandra, my name and number are on the leaflet that was put through the doors from  the Parish Council.  If you are interested in helping, please give me a ring on the number given and I can find out where you are and perhaps get you to Buddy Up with one of the villagers who need a bit of support.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Sandra Desborough